Status: Needs Triage
Affects versions: None
Fix versions: None
Sprint:6.18 Publisher A
PubFE does not properly handle the scenario where a course has no entitlement set. This is a very real and common possibility because of our Just In Time draft creation and official versions will have no entitlement if they are Audit.
I believe this could be a result of two possible scenarios:
- The official course is Audit only and no entitlement exists.
- The official course in Verified, but has multiple seat prices for different course runs and so there is no entitlement.
The frontend will show a blank mode field and no price field when there is no entitlement.
- Investigate what the proper behavior should be when no entitlement exists
- This could be setting a default of an Audit entitlement to show up, but that might disagree with scenario 2 listed above.
- Validate the proper behavior is implemented and PubFE is able to effectively handle having no entitlement for a course.