1. Log in to Studio as Global staff
2. Try to View Live a course that you are not enrolled in.
3. On the next page (see image), regardless of which button you choose, you go to the course in the LMS
4. If you choose Don't Enroll, you can visit any page in the course EXCEPT for the Course page – selecting Course bounces you back to the interim enrollment page (see 3)
5. If you choose Enroll, you go to the Course page, to either the unit you were on in Studio Outline or to the first unit in the course
I think only edX people and a very few others have global staff permissions, right? In that case, I think this problem is limited to a small enough number of people that the devs may not think that solving it is worth their time.
I would like to clean up that error message, though, so I'll leave this ticket open for that.
Will not do.