Help prepare edx-platform for python3 by doing the following:
- Comment on the ticket to indicate that you are starting work on it.
- Launch a development shell in a Docker container via either "make shell" or devstack's "make lms-shell". Alternatively, you can create a new virtualenv or conda environment and install modernize and isort into it (this is a better choice on Windows).
- Make sure the changes look reasonable and submit them as a pull request; mention this ticket in the description and include INCR-<Ticket Number> in the name.
- Ask for tests to be triggered if they don't start automatically.
- Diagnose any test failures caused by the changes, and either fix them or ask for help.
- If you run into unexpected errors, see this document for common problems: https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/977666218/Using+python-modernize+effectively