Honor verification required setting for professional courses in the receipt view
When creating a profesional course in CAT (`/courses` view ecommerce) administrator is given option to either enable or disable "Verification" feature for that course. This setting is honored on the LMS `/dashboard` view, however it is not honored on the `/receipt` view.
Only LMS is affected by this change.
*Sandbox URL*: TBD - sandbox is being provisioned.
*Partner information*: 3rd party-hosted open edX instance
[ ] edX reviewer[s] TBD
Login as a firstname.lastname@example.org user and see following two receipts:
A receipt for course that does not require verification: http://pr12470.sandbox.opencraft.com/commerce/checkout/receipt/?orderNum=EDX-100007
A receipt for course that requires verification: http://pr12470.sandbox.opencraft.com/commerce/checkout/receipt/?orderNum=EDX-100008
Prepare the enviorment:
1. Install devstack using recent master
2. Setup a payment processor, paypal seems to be the easier one to set up. See setting-up PayPal for some hints
3. Create two new courses in Studio, name one of them "Professional with Verification Required" and another one "Professional no verification".
4. Start e-commerce and go to `localhost:8002/courses`, and add two courses, first one with Verification second one without it.
Reproduce the issue:
1. Register to the platform with a new user, and buy for both courses.
2. Observe that on Receipt for both courses you are asked to confirm your identity.
Verify the fix:
1. Check out this branch.
2. Go to the receipt pages for both courses, and observe that course with enabled verification still
asks user to verify:
3. However for course with verification disabled user can go straight to the dashboard
Setting up PayPal
To configure paypal [add section from this gist](https://gist.github.com/jbzdak/e5761f9f5ac05fee8624d0f966e98961) to `ecommerce/settings/private.py`. And `client_id` and `client_secret`.
I also had problems releated to PayPal forcing TLS 1.2 for all urls (including Sandbox), if you'll get errors citing: 'sslv3 alert handshake failure', you'll need to update `lib-ssl-`, `openssl-` (and probably `curl`) in your devstack.
Hi ! I'm supposed to address review comments when they land - could you please update me on the state of review (i.e. planned for today/tomorrow/further in future)? Due to timezone differences I'll only have Friday to address comments in current sprint (we're doing one-week sprints at Opencraft), so there's quite high chance of spillover on our side, which I would like to avoid.
Great - thank you for letting us know, we'll include time in our sprint this week to address the upcoming review comments.
We will be reviewing this next week
Hey , as discussed, now that it's Sept. 20, do you have a better idea of the review date for this? If so I can make sure we're available to follow up in a timely way.
We are looking to pick this up after September 20th. I will keep you informed if anything changes.