Right now, rendering the student view for a capa problem causes it to create a placeholder div followed immediately by an AJAX request. This roundtrip can be expensive, especially on pages that have many problems (it is not unusual to have 4+ problems in a vertical).
1. A vertical with capa problems in it should render on the page without AJAX requests.
2. Ideally, changing to another vertical in the sequence should also not require Capa AJAX requests for initial rendering.
3. These changes should have minimal impact on server processing times, even in the case of complex courses with many codejailed problems in a sequence (check NR data and MITx's larger courses for test data).
1. Decide whether we can render completely inline or whether we need to embed in a data element and trigger rendering afterwards.
2. Might require server side optimizations. Need to check both courseware rendering and the progress page.