email_opt_in_list fails when "name" is missing from auth_userprofile

Description

Weekly research exports run the email_opt_in_list management command for each organization. This fails for three organizations: DartmouthX, LinuxFoundationX, and MITx.

An example stack trace is:

The Dartmouth command that fails was:

For Linux:

The value of "full_name" comes from:

profile.`name` AS `full_name`,
...
LEFT JOIN auth_userprofile AS profile ON profile.user_id=user.id

So presumably auth_userprofile.name is NULL or similar.

Steps to Reproduce

None

Current Behavior

None

Expected Behavior

None

Reason for Variance

None

Release Notes

None

User Impact Summary

None

Activity

Show:
Awais Jibran
June 7, 2016, 2:53 PM

Good to know

Olga Stroilova
June 7, 2016, 12:49 PM

This looks great! Thank you and . The partner will be very happy to get this data.

Brian Wilson
June 7, 2016, 5:40 AM

I ran this branch (aj/fix-email-opt-in-list) for DartmouthX and LinuxFoundationX, and both seemed to succeed. I wrote the output to the test/2016-06-07 subdirectory in course exports, if you want to check the resulting opt-in-email-list files.

Awais Jibran
June 6, 2016, 10:59 AM
Awais Jibran
June 6, 2016, 7:07 AM

Having a look.

Fixed

Assignee

Awais Jibran

Reporter

Brian Wilson

Reach

None

Impact

None

Platform Area

None

Customer

None

Partner Manager

None

URL

None

Contributor Name

None

Groups with Read-Only Access

None

Actual Points

None

Category of Work

None

Platform Map Area (Levels 1 & 2)

None

Platform Map Area (Levels 3 & 4)

None

Priority

CAT-2