Video player's speed doesn't reflect the speed when moving between videos
When any speed selection other than 1.0x is selected for the default video player, when navigating to the next video, the video player still displays the non 1.0x speed but the audio from the video is actually playing at 1.0x. The only way to get the non 1.0x speed to play is to select another speed and then click on the desired speed again.
To reproduce this issue:
1. Go to a course on edx.org.
2. Go to a unit with a video that uses the built-in video player.
3. Press "Play" at 1.0x speed.
4. Click on the speed control.
5. Select 1.75x. You will hear the video playing at a quicker speed.
6. Go to the next video. Notice that 1.75x is still selected.
7. Play the video. Notice that the video's audio speed is at 1.0x even though the selection says 1.75x.
8. Click on 1.75x to select 1.75x again.
9. Play the video. The video is still playing at 1.0x.
The only way to get it to play the video again at 1.75x is to select another option, say 2.0x, and then re-select 1.75x.
Steps to Reproduce
Reason for Variance
User Impact Summary
I also want to note that this is a separate issue from https://openedx.atlassian.net/browse/OSPR-3032?jql=text%20~%20%22video%20player%20speed%22%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC where the speed wasn't working at all.