- If you're not familiar with how to package a JS module and and share it on NPM, get your bearings by reading their docs.
- Modify your repo's Travis configuration so that tagging a release results in a publish to npmjs.
Create a DevOps Support ticket to have DevOps get publish tokens for the edX NPMJS account and have DevOps add it to the travis config using the Travis CI command line client to encrypt the token:
DEVOPS: Use the edx-semantic-release account and record the token in the Notes with the name of the package. NPM lets us have multiple tokens but doesn't let us label them.
Code Block language bash
travis encrypt --add deploy.api_key NPMTOKEN
- There are two options here
- Travis documentation on NPM deployment
- To publish a new version of your package, update the version, then push a corresponding tag to GitHub. You can do this using
npm version a.b.cand it will update the version and tags for you
- You're done! Don't forget to update webpack files so they download the new package from NPM.