- Devstack: useful if you want to modify the Open edX code.
- Native: Automated installation on an Ubuntu machine of your own. Details are on the Native Open edX Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit Installation page.
- Manual: you are on your own, using our scripts as a guide. Read the Native instructions to find the scripts to study.
- Bitnami: installable pre-packaged images for popular cloud platforms. Details are at the Bitnami Open edX page.
- Fullstack: for Ginkgo and earlier only, a Vagrant installation that mimics a production environment. Details are on the Running Fullstack page.