python /edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/manage.py lms --settings production help
a final grade and generate a certificate for a single user
python /edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/manage.py lms --settings
production regenerate_user -u email@example.com -c edX/Open_DemoX/edx_demo_course
create or upgrade a user to superuser
Execute the following commands (updating the username and email account appropriately)
Code Block language text
sudo su edxapp -s /bin/bash cd source /edx/app/edxapp/edxapp_env python /edx/app/edxapp/edx-platform/manage.py lms manage_user staff firstname.lastname@example.org --staff --superuser --settings=production
See also Creating an admin user in LMS/CMS, which is written for devstack
- set or change password
sudo /edx/bin/update edx-platform master- change edx-platform to use the latest on the master branch
sudo /edx/bin/update cs_comments_service master- change the forums service to use the latest on the master branch
Note: the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org users have been pre-added to the certificate whitelist in the vagrant image so you can generate a certificate even if they have not passed the course
- Certificates should only be generated after the course ends. The reason for this is because we store a final grade in the certificate table. To ensure your course has ended login to studio and confirm the end date
- Once the end date has passed for a course the users will see that 'final course details' are being wrapped up.
- Next you can either run the ungenerated_certs django admin command or the regenerate_user django admin command to generate certificates for an entire course or for a single user. This command does the following:
- Grade the student
- Update the generated certificate table with the students score and certificate status
- Send a certificate request to the certificate process
- The certificate server will generate a pdf, sign it and copy it to the certificate publish directory
- The student's dashboard will update to show the link to the pdf and the validation page.
These are the django commands to generate certificates for an entire course or a single student. Note the --insecure flag which is so that http is used for the lms callback url. It is not necessary if https is supported on the lms.