2023-09-05 CC Working Group Meeting Notes


Sep 5, 2023


  • @Xavier Antoviaque

  • @Maria Grimaldi

  • @Angie Ruíz

  • @Edward Zarecor

  • @Jorge Londoño

  • @Pierre Mailhot

  • @Stefania Trabucchi

  • @Peter Pinch

  • @Adolfo Brandes

Recordings and Chat Log 🎥

 Discussion topics










New meeting schedule - issues/feedback?

@Xavier Antoviaque

Comment during the meeting, or async at https://discuss.openedx.org/t/contributors-meetup-call-for-participation-meeting-time-poll/10990


Blocked bug - completion.enable_completion_tracking waffle flag

@Jorge Londoño? (Pinged by Natalia in forum discussion)

  • Talking about waffle flags - did the decision-making process & doc improve since ?

  • Jorge will reach out to @Feanil Patel to discuss the process or better documenting the waffle flags.


How do we make sure strings in frontend-app-communications are sent to Transifex?

@Pierre Mailhot

(and frontend-app-course-authoring, and frontend-lib-content-components that is using it)

  • These are included as official in Olive.

  • The message are properly handled in the code, but they are not being pushed to Transifex.

  • FE App Component is another issue, it is not tagged as it’s a library. There’s also a bug for this library that needs to be address. @Adolfo Brandes has context on this issue and will investigate.

  • Related bugs and Slack threads:

    • Slack thread on frontend-app-communications:

    • Slack thread on problem editors:


Review needed on opaque keys PR

@Braden MacDonald

  • Looking for a couple of additional outside reviewers

Action items:

  • Maria will review, Stefania will ask Ghassan and Alexz will try to get someone from Raccoon Gang.


Maintainership phase 3


Follow-up from last meeting:

  • Scope of maintainership determined? edx-platform? all of the repos that are installed as part of open edX?

    • List of repositories that are included in named releases, but don’t have a maintainer,

    • The goal is still to include all dependencies from the Open edX stable releases, including edx-platform

  • Start date? indicates Aug 1st 2023

    • New data September 7th

  • Still awaiting decision-making?

Action items from the last meeting:

  • @Jorge Londoño to reach out to Ed to explore how the community can better support the maintainer program Phase Three.

Additional question:

Are all the members of this program contributors? Is that a prerequisite or not?

A: We have made some folks CC’s on a “fast track” to support taking over maintaining repos that don’t have a maintainer. This is decided on a case-by-case basis, but it’s usually non-controversial for repos that are currently without a maintainer.


PR Review Delays

@Xavier Antoviaque

Created summary & action items from the discussion thread - do you agree? any takers?


Site Operations module for the Dev Onboarding course (by @Sarina Canelake): “This would be a high level overview of how to get a site running with Tutor. If these instructions exist in any form could someone point me at them?” (ref)


Some work discussed by @Matjaz Gregoric and @Lawrence McDaniel at

Action items from the last meeting:

  • @Jorge Londoño to reach out to Regis regarding the Tutor documentation for the Site Operations Module.

  • @Edward Zarecor suggests that we create an outline for the proposed course similar to what was done for the demo course.


TOC Decision Requests: Looking for suggestions, comments and questions about OEP-63

@Xavier Antoviaque

Without familiarity with the specific issue, Jorge encouraged the team members to review the thread for better insights before the next discussion.

Action items from the last meeting:

  • Obtain missing responses and feedback needed on the OEP PR (@Xavier Antoviaque @Edward Zarecor )

@Edward Zarecor to review in the next 2 days to try to finalize this OEP.

 Action items