I need to make some ad-hoc queries or run some raw SQL commands against the MySQL database.
For a Native or fullstack installation:
- Log into your Open edX instance
- You'll need the edxapp username and password for MySQL.
- The username defaults to edxapp001, and isn't usually changed.
- The password defaults to "password". If you randomized passwords during installation, you'll need to find the EDXAPP_MYSQL_PASSWORD value in the passwords file.
Run this command:
$ mysql -uedxapp001 -pTHE_PASSWORD edxapp
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 130
Server version: 5.6.32-1+deb.sury.org~xenial+0.1 (Ubuntu)
Copyright (c) 2000, 2016, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.
- You can now use MySQL commands at the "mysql> " prompt.