This answer describes how you can go about translating Open edX to another language.
The approach depends upon which Open edX application you are converting, but the basic steps are as follows:
- Update the strings for your language in Transifex
- Download the strings for each repository that you are working with
- Create a new branch
- Run the target to pull down the strings (typically
- Push up a pull request to GitHub with the new changes
- Create a new release for libraries that you have updated
- Create a new release for the application to pick up each new library release
- Once your release has been published, follow these instructions to update your Open edX installation:
There are detailed localization documents described for each repository here: Transifex Resources and Owners
For all other questions, see Internationalization (i18n) Home.