- Creating a new help article
- Updating an existing help article and publishing changes immediately
- Updating an existing help article with future changes
- Publishing a draft article
- Displaying an article or section in multiple sections or categories
To create a new help center article
- Log in to Zendesk.
- On the left, select Manage articles.
- Locate the help center article that needs updating. You can do this by entering words from the article title in the search field, using filters in the Filters dropdown, and sorting by selecting an article state (Published, Ready for review, Work in progress, etc.) from the lefthand column.
- Make the needed updates. For information on formatting, see Style guidelines for help articles in Guide.
- Verify and test the article by selecting Preview in the righthand column. This launches the article in the current theme and shows how the article appears live in the help center. Note that testing the documentation is required.
- Select Save to save your changes and update the article status in Zendesk to Work in Progress. The current and unchanged article is live, and the changes to the article are not yet visible.
- When the feature releases and you want to publish the help article, locate the current article via title. You can also find the article via the Work in Progress list.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to Save and select Publish to publish your changes.
To display an article or section in multiple sections or categories
While Zendesk Guide has this capability on their roadmap for Q3 (early 2019), Guide does not yet include a native way to display articles in more than one section, or to display sections in more than one category. However, the Zendesk community has created code to allow for this option. See this Zendesk Guide help article for code on how to configure this.